Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013 IS HERE

It is New Years Day 2013. 2012 was one heck of a year, but now it is behind us. I did not accomplish all I wanted to in 2012, and for 2013 I have a whole bunch of other things I want to accomplish. A few of these goals of course have to do with photography. I have been a bit discouraged lately about photography, and what I want to do with it. I have a few goals that I will not bore you with, but several of them include photography and this blog. 

First and foremost, I want to scour my hard drive and get all of my pictures edited and converted to JPEG's. Second, I want to get them posted on this blog with a story about the adventure of taking the photos in the first place. Third, I want to build up my links of websites, articles, and blogs. 2013 is here and even though it might not look like it, I have a feeling this is going to be great year. 

To start out that great year I want to share a few photos that I took while out on a very simple and fun trip that anyone can do. Just gather up your camera or even your cell phone, and walk out the front door. When you get to the end of the driveway turn right or left, and start taking pictures of what ever you come across. That's what I did on this particular trip and these pics are what I found. 



While walking along Rogers Street this beautiful horse came up to me to get its portrait taken. 



I don't know why I took a picture of this power pole and lines, but I am glad that I did. I am sure its not going to win any awards, but something about draws my eye to it. 




I love the golden light that is hitting the front of this old shed. I have driven by this shed a thousand times and I have yet to see this light striking its face again. 



As I was walking back to my house I saw this sign just up the road off of Rogers Street, and I thought it was pretty cool. I was going to clean up the smudges on the sign a bit, but I think it gives it a bit of character. 

I hope you enjoy the pictures and please feel free to use them for your personal use. If you would like to use them commercially please contact me. 

Thanks again,

B. D. Young
~Photographer/Author~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment