Thursday, January 10, 2013

In God We Trust

Today I would like to share a few pictures that I took at a few different churches. Churches are not just places of worship, they are community gathering centers. Over the years some of the happiest events in my life were at churches along with some of the saddest. When it comes to photography, churches offer some really good scenes. Of course when taking pictures at churches it is important to remember not to offend anyone, and in my experience it is best to photograph the exterior of the church. However, if there is a subject you would like to photograph inside the church it is best to just ask for permission.,Also ask about the subject if you do not know. Many times someone at the church is more than happy to share the meaning of the subject with you. So without further ado here they are.



I took this picture of the Virgin Mary at St. Marguerite's Catholic Church in Tooele Utah. I took this picture to give to my wife's grandmother as a gift.   



While photographing an event for a friend of mine I went outside to take pictures of the kids playing. While outside I took this picture to use as a cover photo in case my friend wanted to put the pictures in a photo book or something. 


I hope you enjoy the pictures, and I hope they inspire you to keep an eye out for some of the great subjects that can be found at churches. Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment or check some of the other cool links that I have provided on my blog. 

B.D. Young
~Photographer~

No comments:

Post a Comment